Monday, August 17, 2009

Year One...Marriage is so not over-rated...


So the 1st anniversary has come and gone. Cody and I have had an incredible beginning to being married...I wouldn 't have asked for anything better. Although I find it strange starting the countdown all over again. This November, we will have officially been together for 9 years. What the heck!? I have been with Cody for more than a third of my life. It's nuts. But now we're at square one? One year? Can I celebrate both accomplishments? I think I will...at least it's an excuse for a night out!

The number one question I've been asked these days? "So, how was your first year of marriage?" Doesn't this question have an obvious answer? Does anyone out there respond "eh, it was okay." I think not. Let us try and be creative. For me, marriage and dating somewhat blend together. How can they not? I barely remember my life without Cody. A better question would be "what's the craziest thing that happened this year?" This would be a start to at least a potentially interesting answer.

There is no way to sum up our year...we have done so much and been so many places.

We celebrated the big numero uno with a trip to Downtown San Diego. Being tourists in our own big city was lots of fun and we enjoyed our 5 star hotel experience. Of course, being greeted with a bottle of champagne on arrival cannot hurt....again our love for wine.

Our b-e-a-utiful 2 bedroom suite

Vanilla scented walls in the elevators...


We ended our wonderful reminiscing weekend with brunch at RBI compliments of getting married their a year prior. A small token for the ridiculous dinero we spent there...we should really have received a trophy instead :)

One year later at Rancho Bernardo Inn. So glad I married this man....in that same spot...
Things haven't changed too much have they?!

No comments:

Post a Comment